Saturday 8 December 2012

Body Art

Body Art Biography
After acquiring a bachelor’s degree in science and one year studies in occupational therapy in Paris, I redirected my career towards the artistic field, my lingering passion since my youth. With the achievement of a graphic designer diploma, I worked for many Parisian communication agencies prior to starting my own agency called Papaye Communication in 1995, which specialized in magazine publishing. In 1999 I created, with my partner Philippe Coquin, the Canadian edition of Nouvelles Esthétiques & Spa (professional magazine specialized in aesthetics and wellness). Laterally, I took body-painting lessons with French artist René Boëlle and started a make up artist career. In 2003, I created ExceptioNail, a specialized professional nail magazine. In 2006, ExceptioNail became ExceptioNail.Beauty Magazine to which we added to the original editorial content, all forms of make up (beauty, special effects, body & face painting). In 2007 I created the first Canadian event dedicated to make up called Color Mundo, as well as the Professional Canadian Make Up Championships that embodied evening make up and body-painting. This year, for its second year edition, Facial Special Effects will be added to the event. Thanks to my publishing career, I’ve had the chance to meet some of the best make up artists throughout the world and exchange various experiences and techniques. I’ve participated to photo shoots (for magazines such as Face Painting magazine and IMAGOzine recently) as well as major events such as Grande Mascarade in Montreal (Montreal’s Great Masquerade) and the World Body-Painting Festival in Austria. My two biggest passions, publishing and make up, finally merged in my life to allow living them thoroughly at once. All this didn’t stop me from giving birth to 3 lovely boys. My recommendations to all that love body-painting and make up just as I do: Live your passion and life to the fullest, do not sacrifice one for the other…you’ll see it is definitely possible.
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art
Body Art

No comments:

Post a Comment